stress

solid-solid phase transformations, influence of stresses and strains
kaiyang
anti_bot: 333

stress

Post by kaiyang » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:23 am

When I coupling the stress field to the phase change, the crystal boundary will disappear during the phase transition, and this phenomenon needs to adjust those parameters to correct.
Attachments
图片1.png
图片1.png (81.21 KiB) Viewed 8284 times

Bernd

Re: stress

Post by Bernd » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

Dear kaiyang,

Welcome to the MICRESS forum.

Without additional context it is not possible to understand what happens hear. You should provide more information about your material and setup, and what you intend to simulate. Optimal would be to also attach or paste your input file here.

Just judging from the .phas output which you show, the grain boundaries may have moved away, or they just got invisible because the interface profile is disturbed due to numerical issues. You could refer to the .korn output to reveal the extension of the grains or to the .intf output to show the exact locations of the interfaces.

Best wishes

Bernd

kaiyang
anti_bot: 333

Post by kaiyang » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:17 pm

Dear Bernd:
I have checked it out according to your advice. And korn and. The intf result file, the interface is indeed gone. The following gives the corresponding driver file, I hope to get your guidance.
Best wishes.

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:41 pm

Dear kaiyang,

It seems that the only problem is the extremely high elastic strain of 2% which you apply in z-direction. This leads to numerical problems with the interfaces, in turn somehow leading to grain boundary adhesion at the bcc particles, and very fast movement of the fcc/fcc-grain boundaries. With 0.2% elastic strain everything worked fine for me.

I guess that the 2% strain in your case refers to an experimental condition with creep (plasticity). As these effects are not included in MICRESS, you cannot use this high value directly. Maybe, you should use the yield stress instead.

Bernd