Delta Phase Precipitation in Nickel Alloy

solid-solid phase transformations, influence of stresses and strains
CharMIC
anti_bot: 333

Delta Phase Precipitation in Nickel Alloy

Post by CharMIC » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the precipitation of Delta phase from the gamma matrix the simulation domain is similar to CMSX4 example with isothermal cross section. I have defined Gamma is cubic and Delta is Orthorhombic.

When I try to define the phase interaction data between Delta and Gamma, I got the following message.

My idea is to get the generally observed needle like Delta phase shape in the simulation. Some help on getting an idea about the suitable coefficient values?

BR
Chamara
Attachments
Delta Phase Anisotropy.JPG
Delta Phase Anisotropy.JPG (37.43 KiB) Viewed 3808 times

deepumaj1

Re: Delta Phase Precipitation in Nickel Alloy

Post by deepumaj1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi Chamara,
The function looks similar to the one used for tetragonal phase anisotropy in the micress example named: 'Gamma_Alpha_FeC_Acicular'. You may use the example values as the starting ones. In the example, the values are for generating the needle like shape of ferrite.

BR
Deepu

CharMIC

Post by CharMIC » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Many Thanks Deepu :)

CharMIC

Post by CharMIC » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify something.

Even though I defined the delta phase has an orthorhombic and the gamma phase cubic phase, MICRESS will assume the phase interaction between orthorhombic delta and cubic gamma phase as isotropic-tetragonal?

BR
Chamara

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi Chamara,

Yes, this is true. The reason is that the correct anisotropy for interaction of two anisotropic phases is a complex function of both orientations (and not just of misorientation). Thus, an at least 5-dimensional function would be needed...