Ferrite / Cemenite to Austenite

solid-solid phase transformations, influence of stresses and strains
Ali
anti_bot: 333

Re: Ferrite / Cemenite to Austenite

Post by Ali » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:22 am

Dear Bernd,

thank you so much for your nice reply.
But I want to study on the influence of heat-treatment on the lammela spacing, it means I need to simulate cementite and ferrite phases instead of pearlite phase as a chessboard like pattern. Do you think it is possible?

Further, for the second heat-treatment I have changed all interface energy to the same value but there is not still any growth.

Best regards,
Ali

Bernd

Re: Ferrite / Cemenite to Austenite

Post by Bernd » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:08 pm

Dear Ali,

The "unresolved" model for eutectics or eutectoids has its charme exactly because it does not resolve the individual lamellae. By this way, a coarser simulation grid can be applied, and the eutectic "grains" can be treated at the length scale of the ferrite/austenite grains.

However, if you wish to spatially resolve the lamellar structure, you should simply switch to the normal mode by removing the keyword "unresolved" after the phase number of the new phase in the nucleation data input. Then, of course, the grid spacing typically has to be much smaller (Δx should not be bigger than ~1/10 of the lamellar spacing), and you will probably not be able to handle a complete ferrite grain.
Further, for the second heat-treatment I have changed all interface energy to the same value but there is not still any growth.
Does austenite nucleate at least? For me it worked with a common interface energy of 1.E-5. However, nucleation of austenite happened much later than with your original input file. I took the restart output from the end of the first heat treatment as initial microstructure...

Bernd