Solid State Transition Case

solid-solid phase transformations, influence of stresses and strains
shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

Solid State Transition Case

Post by shaojielv » Sun May 23, 2021 11:36 am

Dear Bernd,
I have been studying the solid transition in Micress recently, but I have encountered some difficulties in the process of learning. I hope to get your help.

First of all, in case T015, why is phase 1 anisotropic?Shouldn't it be isotropic like Phase 1 in case T010?
Second, I still have a lot of confusion about the specific simulation content of Case T015. I don't quite understand what the specific simulation process is.I hope to get your detailed answers, especially the # Phase Interaction Data part.
Third, because Phase 2 in Case T015 uses tetragona symmetry, does this have anything to do with the needle-like shape formed in evolution?

Finally, I sincerely thank you, and wish you a smooth life, happy work.
lvshaojie

Bernd

Re: Solid State Transition Case

Post by Bernd » Sun May 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Dear lvshaojie,

all solid phases have some sort of anisotropy, depending on the symmetry of their crystal lattice. However, we use phase anisotropy in MICRESS only in cases where we want to model a specific effects which are related to this anisotropy. In example T015_Gamma_Alpha_FeC_Acicular_dri we demonstrate how the misorientation model with special orientations can be used to create needle-like structures (see also here). For using misorientation models in MICRESS, both phases which are in contact need to be defined as stoichiometric. Tetragonal symmetry is needed for the needle structure. Please note that in reality other mechanisms are also playing a role than just anisotropy and misorientation.

Bernd

shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

Post by shaojielv » Tue May 25, 2021 5:30 am

Dear Bernd
First of all, thank you very much for your reply. I think I didn't explain my problem clearly. I would like to know that the case T015 demonstrates the transformation of Gamma to Alpha, right? And the acicular mentioned here are artificial shapes, so are the acicular here representing Alpha? So what does FeC mean here? Or does FeC just show up in the title category but doesn't have any representation in the program, does FeC just refer to the elements Fe and C?
I really need your help. Once again, I would like to express my sincere thanks.
lvshaojie

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Tue May 25, 2021 10:11 am

Hi lvshaojie,

Your assumptions are correct: As the names imply, both examples treat gamma to alpha transformation in steel. While T010_Gamma_Alpha_dri does not include anisotropy, T015 makes use of the misorientation model to allow for the description of a (tetragonal) acicular ferrite morphology. While all other "Gamma_Alpha" examples are using a Fe-Mn-C ternary alloy system, T015_Gamma_Alpha_FeC_Acicular_dri furthermore is built for the binary Fe-C system.

I am sorry that we did not yet provide a sound description for all the MICRESS examples...

Bernd