solid-solid phase transformation

solid-solid phase transformations, influence of stresses and strains
shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

solid-solid phase transformation

Post by shaojielv » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:58 pm

Dear everyone,

I want to simulate the solid state phase transition in Fe-C-Mn ternary alloy, the process is: FCC_A1 transforms into needle-like BCC_B2 (at grain boundaries and bulk) and isotropic FCC_L12 (at three-phase intersection), but this The simulation has not changed. I have sent the specific driver file as an attachment. I hope you can point out the errors of the model for me.

lv
Attachments
TRIP_Model_1.dri
(34.01 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

Bernd

Re: solid-solid phase transformation

Post by Bernd » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:26 pm

Dear lv,

The reason for the slow phase transformation probably is that you changed "nple" to "normal mob_corr" for Mn in the 1/2 and 1/3 phase interaction input data. This implies that you assume growth which is limited by Mn-diffusion which is not correct: In reality, the Mn-pile-up can be overrun without requiring Mn diffusion because the driving force is high enough. This NPLE (or LENP) behaviour is not assumed in the "mob_corr" model, so that the effective interface mobility becomes very small.

Further, I noticed that you use FCC_A1 and FCC_L12 in your simulation. These are two alternative description of the same phase, what is your intention here?

Bernd

shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

Re: solid-solid phase transformation

Post by shaojielv » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:09 pm

Dear Bernd

You are right, according to your guidance I have modified the way of element allocation, in which the needle-like structure of BCC_A1 can nucleate and grow normally, but the isotropic phase grows extremely slowly, I think this is due to my concern for the third The result is caused by the choice of phase, but I tried multiple phases as the third phase to simulate, but the nucleation is very slow, what do you think is the reason for this? Do you have any better suggestion?

lv
Attachments
FRACTION.png
FRACTION.png (70.23 KiB) Viewed 1045 times