instruction

solid-solid phase transformations, influence of stresses and strains
Jane
anti_bot: 333

Re: instruction

Post by Jane » Tue May 10, 2022 3:39 pm

Dear Bernd,

Sorry to bother you again, I would like to ask you about some simulation results in MICRESS. I simulated the phase transition of FCC_A1 to BCC_A2 and BCC_B2 in Fe-0.15%C-1.5%Mn ternary alloy as shown on the left for the concentration distribution of C and Mn at t=15s respectively, it is good; but I again showed the concentration distribution of C and Mn in FCC_A1, to my surprise, why is it so high? This is something I can't understand, what do you think is the willingness for this phenomenon to occur?

Jane
Attachments
15s.png
15s.png (556.36 KiB) Viewed 666 times

Bernd

Re: instruction

Post by Bernd » Wed May 11, 2022 3:07 pm

Dear Jane,

On the right side, you show the phase composition of fcc, and you use "nple" for redistribution. Thus, Mn is redistributed inside the interface, thus showing the equilibrium composition of fcc with bcc. In reality, this occurs only inside a very thin interface, which is difficult to measure. However, as we use a rather thick interface for simulation, the region with high phase composition is artificially expanded.
If you want to make comparison to experimental concentration distributions, you always should use the .conc* output.

Bernd