nucleation density

solid-solid phase transformations, influence of stresses and strains
shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

nucleation density

Post by shaojielv » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:35 pm

Dear everyone

How do you evaluate the nucleation density after controlling the number of nucleations by shielding distance and shielding position?

janin

Re: nucleation density

Post by janin » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:07 pm

Hi,
as far as I understood you would like to evaluate the effective nucleation density from a simulation which has already been run, i.e. as post processing.

In fact, there does not yet exist a direct output for the effective nucleation density, but in most cases you can evalutate it indirectly from the *TabK output. This output file gives you the current number of grains of each phase during simulation. (An output line is created whenever the number of grains changes either due to nucletaion or because a grain vanishes.) The effective nucleation density can be calculated by deviding the domain size (area or volume) by the number of new generated grains, i.e. the difference in number of grains of the respective phase between start and end of the nucleation process.

Regards,
Janin

P.S. The coming release will offer a new output file with tabulated nucleation data (*TabNuc) which might be helpful, too.

shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

Re: nucleation density

Post by shaojielv » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:22 am

Dear Janin,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will complete the calculation of nucleation density according to your description. I am also looking forward to the release of the new version.

lv