element concentrations

solid-solid phase transformations, influence of stresses and strains
shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

element concentrations

Post by shaojielv » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:55 pm

Dear everyone

I have a question that I would like to consult with you. In the simulation of solid phase transiformation, everything is very good. However, after I changed a group of different element concentrations, why did the change of phase transiformation result become so big and there was a big problem?

Bernd

Re: element concentrations

Post by Bernd » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:08 pm

Sorry, shaojielv,

we need more information to answer this question...

Best regards
Bernd

shaojielv

Post by shaojielv » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:05 pm

Dear, Bernd

Thank you very much for your reply, and I will further explain the problem. The concentration in the left picture is 0.1C-1.5Mn, which indicates that the result is very normal. The right picture is the result when I changed the concentration to 0.05C-0.5Mn, and the other parameters have not changed. I hope to get your help.
Attachments
Fig.1.png
Fig.1.png (237.47 KiB) Viewed 7894 times

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:53 pm

Dear shaojielv,

The most probable reason for the differences is the altered equilibrium temperature: By reducing the amount of alloying elements, the equilibrium temperature is increased, leading to a higher undercooling/driving force and hence to a faster transformation rate. This in turn leads to front instability and finer microstructures.

Thus, to obtain comparable results, you should change temperature such that a comparable undercooling is reached (use Thermo-Calc equilibrium calculation, or check dG value of initial linearisation parameters in MICRESS .log-output).

Bernd

shaojielv

Post by shaojielv » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:17 am

Dear Bernd,

Thank you very much. The problem has been solved according to your suggestion. Wish you a happy life.

lv