Is it possible to simulate both recrystallization and precipitation process at the same time?

ripening phenomena, dislocations, grainboundary topology
Bernd

Re: Is it possible to simulate both recrystallization and precipitation process at the same time?

Post by Bernd » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Dear Junzhen,

Yes, I already heard about that. Ralph will take care of it.

What I could imagine, independent from this technical problem, is that using the restart option "structure_only" for defining an initial microstructure, based on the results of a prior simulation, could be a good option for you. The advantage is that this method also imports the correct concentration field, and there is no information loss happening as it is the case when reading in from the .korn output which has sharp pixeled grain boundaries...

Bernd

Junzhen
anti_bot: 333

Re: Is it possible to simulate both recrystallization and precipitation process at the same time?

Post by Junzhen » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi, Bernd,
Thanks so much for the reply.
I will try the restart function.
Thanks again for your help.

Junzhen

ralph

Post by ralph » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:29 am

The VTK input error will be fixed in the next release.
As a workaround for the current version, you can provide additional dummy input values for the missing grain numbers.

Best,
Ralph

sxxxf

Post by sxxxf » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:20 am

Hi Junzhen,

I am simulating static recrystallization, add a QQ WeChat to talk about it, I will send you a message.

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi Junzhen,

Wanted to answer to your question, but it seems you just removed it...

I would guess it is the interface energy which is too high so that the seeds vanish.

Bernd

Junzhen

Post by Junzhen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:54 pm

Bernd wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:46 pm
Hi Junzhen,

Wanted to answer to your question, but it seems you just removed it...

I would guess it is the interface energy which is too high so that the seeds vanish.

Bernd

Ahh...sorry and thanks for the Reply. The problem is that when I am trying to simulate the precipitating process with recrystallisation happening at the same time, the precipitates are indeed generated at the initial stage. However, they resolve into the Matrix and disappear. The attached is the input file. Thanks
Attachments
1.in
(92.11 KiB) Downloaded 554 times

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 pm

And the precipitates would grow if you hadn't recrystallisation at the same time? You tried that?

Bernd

Junzhen

Post by Junzhen » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:20 pm

Bernd wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 pm
And the precipitates would grow if you hadn't recrystallisation at the same time? You tried that?

Bernd
Thanks for the Response. I don't know if they would grow without recrystallisation. I didn't try that.

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 pm

You should do that, because the problems could also have other reasons, e.g.

- the carbides start with the wrong composition set (i.e. with fcc composition). Then they would desolve in any case due to curvature. You should check the initial linearisation in the .log file to be sure this is not the problem.

- you have defined only C and N as stoichiometric. But because the matrix component (Fe) is close to stoichiometric (minimal solubility in the carbide), it would be better to define all elements as stoichiometric, as redistribution always is done against Fe.

Bernd

Junzhen

Post by Junzhen » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:29 pm

Bernd wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 pm
You should do that, because the problems could also have other reasons, e.g.

- the carbides start with the wrong composition set (i.e. with fcc composition). Then they would desolve in any case due to curvature. You should check the initial linearisation in the .log file to be sure this is not the problem.

- you have defined only C and N as stoichiometric. But because the matrix component (Fe) is close to stoichiometric (minimal solubility in the carbide), it would be better to define all elements as stoichiometric, as redistribution always is done against Fe.

Bernd
hi,Bernd,
I tried the case without recrystallisation, and the precipitates still desolve. you mentioned that the carbides with fcc composition will desolve in any case. why?