element redistribution

ripening phenomena, dislocations, grainboundary topology
Jane
anti_bot: 333

element redistribution

Post by Jane » Mon May 09, 2022 11:33 am

Dear Bernd,

I want to know how to implement element redistribution in MICRESS.

Jane

Jane

Re: element redistribution

Post by Jane » Mon May 09, 2022 4:39 pm

Dear Bernd,

I got an error while simulating recrystallization, what do you think is the reason?

# Options: energy mean_disloc local_disloc [all_interfaces]
local_disloc all_interfaces
Error: as coupling "dislocation" not specified, option "local_disloc" not allowed

Actually I have coupling dislocation, but how to define it?

# Model
# =====
# Type of coupling?
# Options: phase concentration [volume_change] temperature temp_cyl_coord
# [stress{U|CE|MC}{1|2|3}] [flow] [flow_coarse] [dislocation]
phase concentration dislocation

Jane

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Mon May 09, 2022 7:36 pm

Dear Jane,

The implementation of "dislocation" coupling currently is only provisional and does not allow concentration coupling. It has been used for reading in dislocation densities stemming from a CPFEM simulations in a single-phase grain structure. Hopefully, we will be able to rework this part of the code in future...

Bernd

Jane

Post by Jane » Tue May 10, 2022 11:29 am

Dear Bernd,

I don't quite get it, do you mean that dislocations and concentration fields cannot be coupled?
In addition, I used different recrystallization models under the condition that any other conditions remain unchanged, but for the mean_dislocation model, why is the initial recrystallization morphology completely different from energy, and subsequent recrystallization did not occur?
I am just starting to study the recrystallization module, and I hope to get your guidance.

Jane
Attachments
initial.png
initial.png (151.59 KiB) Viewed 3401 times

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Wed May 11, 2022 3:17 pm

Dear Jane,

Probably, with the mean dislocation model you are using too small values for the initial dislocation density...

Of course, you can use dislocation density with concentration coupling, but currently only if you use the mean dislocation density model. Contrarily, "dislocation" coupling means that you want to use a spatially resolved dislocation field which is read from a file. This is what is not possible with concentration coupling right now.

Bernd