about IFace and nTupel

Exchange about the physics background, diffuse interface theory, etc..
sudi
anti_bot: 333

about IFace and nTupel

Post by sudi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:21 am

Hi,
I am an UG student and I've started learning MICRESS. I would like to know how exactly is interface data stored in iFace & nTupel or how do I decide the parameters. Also, what would the 'minimal' and 'target' usage parameters would do? Also I would like to know whether there are any other sources of information or associated literature other than the manual as it's not extensive.
Thanks

Bernd

Re: about IFace and nTupel

Post by Bernd » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi sudi,

Welcome to the MICRESS forum!

MICRESS is using a dynamic list structure for storing the interface-related (iFace) and the Triple- or higher order point information (nTupel). The input you are requested is the initial size of these lists, the units are the fraction of the total domain size in cells. Normally, you do not have to worry about this input, essentially it is a remnant from fromer times when we used fortran77 and these lists were static. Just put 0.1 for both!
In some rare cases, it could be interesting to control the initial size and also the way how the automatic reallocation works, especially if one is working at the memory limit. More information has been given in another thread. What is described there for the "new version" is still valid today.

Apart from that it may be interesting to know that with version 6.001 coming soon there will also come a completely new and more extensive set of manuals. For topics which remain unclear we have this forum...

Best regards

Bernd