MICRESS simulated precipitation(The second phase)

Exchange about the physics background, diffuse interface theory, etc..
shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

MICRESS simulated precipitation(The second phase)

Post by shaojielv » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:37 am

Dear Sir
First was very lucky to join MICRESS forum this big family. As a beginner of MICRESS software, I have a question want to ask you here, because I need to do a grain of precipitation in the second phase of the appeared in the process of growing up, but I didn't relevant resources, hope you can give me a relevant driver file, or can also be related case, if have the honor to get your help, I will thank you very much.
Looking forward to hearing from you and wishing you a happy life!

Your dear friend Lv Shaojie

Bernd

Re: MICRESS simulated precipitation(The second phase)

Post by Bernd » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:28 pm

Dear shaojielv,

Welcome again to the MICRESS forum. As far as I understand your question, you want to use MICRESS for simulation of precipitation of some secondary phases. Can you tell which material you are interested in? Which are the relevant chemical elements and phases in your system? And which is the process you want to simulate? Is it a casting process, or a heat treatment? Please give us some more details.

Best regards
Bernd

shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

Post by shaojielv » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:15 am

Dear, Bernd,
First of all, many thanks for your reply.I want to use the MICRESS software for two simulation processes.The first is to simulate the dendrite growth in the casting process. During the learning process of MICRESS software, I noticed that there are two types of cooling rates, dendrite boundary growth rate and cooling rate respectively.I'm a little confused as to whether these two cooling rates are the same.If not, what are we to make of it?What I am saying here is that the growth rate at the interface is reflected in the equation for the multiphase field, but the cooling rate is not expressed in the equation (only expressed by the numerical setting), or can the cooling rate be reflected in the equation for the multiphase field?Looking forward to your reply.
The second is precipitate phase in the process of grain growth. Because the precipitate phase in the process of grain growth is an idea of my own for the time being, I haven't carried out actual simulation yet. In other words, I don't know where to start, so I cannot answer some of your questions for the time being.However, I prefer the steel material simulation.
Wish you a happy life!
Yours: Lu Shaojie

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:13 am

Dear Lv shaojie,

If you are interested in precipitation of a second phase during grain growth, you probably are thinking about particle pinning effects on grain growth. In MICRESS, this topic can most easily be addressed by using the "particle_pinning" model. Then you do not have to treat precipitation explicitly, and you do not have to worry about problems of length scale (size of particles vs. grain size). Of course, you also can simulate the precipitation of a secondary phase explicitly, and the pinning effect on grain growth would come out automatically.

I made some comments on your question on dendrite growth in the solidification board.

Bernd