Calculating job miss to renew the license during calculation

FAQs about installation, license manager, pecularities of specific operating systems
sommer
anti_bot: 333

Calculating job miss to renew the license during calculation

Post by sommer » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:04 am

Hallo MICRESS-Team
again and again we have the same problem. The MICRESS calculation crashes because of a loosing its license. So I wrote a script to check first, if there are license available before starting MICRESS. But If a users doesn't care, the problem survive, a running calculation stops:

Lost license, cannot re-connect: Licensed number of users already reached.
Feature: MICRESS_TQ
License path: 27000@tux205:27002@tux205.iehk.rwth-aachen.de:@localhost
FLEXnet Licensing error:-4,23

Why isn't it possible to allocate a license for a complete calculation?

Angela

admin
Site Admin

Re: Calculating job miss to renew the license during calculation

Post by admin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Dear Angela,

thanks for your request and comment.

In fact it is not possible to allocate a license to a specific job, as the license manager has always to check whether the job is still running.

But there is a method to reserve licenses for specific features for specific users.

Please refer to the FlexLM end user manual ( located in the MICRESS manuals directory) and have a look at the chapter with the "options file"

This will allow you to reserve licenses for specific users. Another way out surely would be procuring more licenses :D :D

Yours

George

Bernd

Re: Calculating job miss to renew the license during calculation

Post by Bernd » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi,

to be honest, I do not understand this behaviour and can't believe that it is normal! If the FLEXlm licence manager would give out new licences without reserving those which are already in use, this would for example mean than one could open more ThermoCalc sessions than licences are available, and they would conflict only if the users are calculating at the same time! This would completely spoil the idea of a licence system...
I know definitively that this is not the case for the Sentinel licence server and TCS!

Bernd