Warning in logfile

technical aspects of .dri file generation (e.g. debug mode ) etc...
kmukherj
anti_bot: 333

Warning in logfile

Post by kmukherj » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:33 am

Hello,

I found the following warning in my logfile:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warning in spfAddPhInkr, t= 32.49908
Wrong fractions at nTupelp= 25691
sum = 0.000000
x,y,z = 441 1 153
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let me know what shall I do?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Krishnendu Mukherjee

Bernd

Re: Warning in logfile

Post by Bernd » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Dear Krishnendu,

this what you see is a warning that something happened which the interface list algorithm could not handle correctly. Obviously, this inconsistency was corrected in the next time-step, otherwise you would get more warnings. So, probably you should not worry too much! After 250 warnings, MICRESS would stop assuming that something happened which cannot be handled anymore.

This type of warning typically occurs if too high phase-field increments occur simultaneously in the pair-wise interactions of a triple or higher order junction, and the total fraction balance is violated.
It also can occur when "semi-small" grains are used for nucleation at interfaces or if more than one of them are placed into the same grid point while defining the initial grain structure. These "semi-small" grains are a new option in MICRESS_5.5 which allows to start from one cell with a higher fraction than phMin/2 (instead of a typical "small grain"). It can be activated when "analytical curvature" is chosen and a seed radius >0 is specified. This option is originally ment for initial grain setting, but is also available for nucleation.

In your case, it could be just a too high mobility value which causes the warning. If nothing bad is happening (like a grain is vanishing and should not) you can ignore the warning or try to make it vanish by improving the numerical parameters.

Bernd