grain composition extraction

aspects of evaluating simulation results and their graphic presentation using either DisplayMICRESS or other software tools. Features and possibilities of DisplayMICRESS
RAGHAV

grain composition extraction

Post by RAGHAV » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Hello all,

Could anybody help me how is it to extract the grain composition from 'Micress results?

Thanks in advance,
Raghav

Bernd

Re: grain composition extraction

Post by Bernd » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi Raghav,

what do you mean by "grain composition"? Do you mean the average composition within one grain in a structure which consists of more than one grain of the same phase?
If it is that, there is no direct possibility. You can access the average composition in the simulaiton domain from the screen output and the average compostion per phase from .TabC.
Apart from that, you can get the local composition for a point or the average composition (or whichever field value) in a zoom region within DP_MICRESS. But your grain is probably not rectangular...
Furthermore, you can create a new graphical output by Display_MICRESS and the OP. tool (for syntax see here), where you could e.g. put the phase compostion, eventually weighted by the phase fraction, only in the region of one grain . Then, you can convert to ASCII and process further in e.g. Excel.

I hope this gives you some idea!

Bernd

RAGHAV

Post by RAGHAV » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Hello Mr. Bernd,

I tried to get TabC simulation output for different simulations but get the below mentioned text. I don't understand why not even single simulation's geometry is consistent.

Display MICRESS

geoF file : Alloy/Stabilor_heat.geoF
Solution file : Alloy/Stabilor_heat.TabC
Results in binary (single precision)

Geometry not consistent!
(most probably due to a wrong format specification,
and a big/little endian incompatibility)

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:25 pm

Because .TabC is a text file!

RAGHAV

Post by RAGHAV » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Oops, you are right. Thank you.