Unable to run DP_MICRESS on Linux

aspects of evaluating simulation results and their graphic presentation using either DisplayMICRESS or other software tools. Features and possibilities of DisplayMICRESS
billyzhangubc
anti_bot: 333

Unable to run DP_MICRESS on Linux

Post by billyzhangubc » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi all,
I have recently changed to Linux but I cannot seem to run DP_MICRESS using the .tgz file downloaded from the main website. I tried to run it in terminal but it tells me something is wrong about shared libraries. I Use OpenSUSE Tumbleweed; one of my colleagues running Ubuntu cannot run DP_MICRESS either.

I wonder if it's possible to have a brief manual (e.g. a few lines of necessary commands) for DP_MICRESS on Linux.

Thanks in advance,
Billy

ralph
anti_bot: 333

Re: Unable to run DP_MICRESS on Linux

Post by ralph » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:22 am

Hi Billy,

you are right. I short README would be nice, esp. for the package available for download.

If you use the complete MICRESS installer, the necessary settings are written automatically in a short starter script in the MICRESS binary folder (DP_MICRESS.sh).
To make the libraries provided for DP_MICRESS available, you have to add the path of them to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. This can be done with a starter script or in the login resource file (e.g. .bashrc).

Their might be missing versions of some system nearer libraries like libc, etc. Unfortunately, this is up to you to install them on your system.

Best,
Ralph