Synchronizing data outputs

aspects of evaluating simulation results and their graphic presentation using either DisplayMICRESS or other software tools. Features and possibilities of DisplayMICRESS
Moritz
anti_bot: 333

Synchronizing data outputs

Post by Moritz » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:46 am

Hello everyone,

I initially wanted to post a question about differences between the TabK and TabGD output files, regarding the grain size.

I then noticed, that the simulation timesteps of the outputs dont match, for example for TabGD the last output is for a simulation time of 0.005 s and in TabK 0.0002275 s.

How can I get identical timesteps for every output file?

If I take the TabGD data and use the grain area to calculate an average grain radius (grain area treated as if every grain is a circle), should this value match the value for the average grain area in TabK?

I am thankful for all your replies.

Best regards,

Moritz

ralph

Re: Synchronizing data outputs

Post by ralph » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:59 am

Hi Moritz,

the grain data output (TabGD) for each individual grain is given at every main output time. That cannot be influenced.

The summarizing grain output (TabK) is given each time when the overall number of grains changes.
It can be parameterized with the options 'standard' and 'extra'. Seems to me that both option do the same. You will get an additional output at the main output times with these options.
If I take the TabGD data and use the grain area to calculate an average grain radius (grain area treated as if every grain is a circle), should this value match the value for the average grain area in TabK?
The TabK shows average radia for all grains or all grains of a phase.
If you sum up the individual area/volume values of the TabGD table and calculate the average radius afterwards, it should be quite the same.
However, there might be a little numerical difference due to grain boundaries between grains of the same phase. In tabK, these interfaces do not play a role. In TabGD, you have to draw the 0.5 isoline to seperate the grains and introduce some error.

Right?
Other comments about this?

Best,
Ralph

Moritz

Re: Synchronizing data outputs

Post by Moritz » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:55 pm

Hi Ralph,

thanks for the reply, this is very helpful for understanding the different outputs.

Best regards,

Moritz