Temperature - profiles_from_file tool

helpful tips or ideas for unconventional solutions
mauvec
anti_bot: 333

Temperature - profiles_from_file tool

Post by mauvec » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:14 pm

Hi,

I am defining a temperature profile using the "profile_from_file" tool in Process Conditions. My temperature profile consists of 200 data points. May I ask if there is an alternative option to define temperature profiles without needing to insert, in my case, 200 lines specifying 'file name', 'columns', 'time' and so on in the input file?

Many thanks,

Mauro

Bernd

Re: Temperature - profiles_from_file tool

Post by Bernd » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:19 pm

Hi Mauro,

If you mean with "200 data points" that you have 200 time steps with corresponding 200 temperature profiles, then you are right, and unfortunately there is currently no other way how to input that into the driving file.

Do you have a proposal how we could simplify this procedure? If we would force the user to always put all the profiles into a single text file and include the times as a header, it would probably be easier, but we could not handle the cases e.g. of profiles which do not share the same x-column.

In my experience, the most boring is to write or copy the times, while the enumeration of the columns is relatively fast. To avoid typing errors I typically use a good text editor and copy the times from the line in the source data into a column in a new text document and then paste the file name with columns specification in between. Afterwards I correct the number of the second column by hand and copy the sequence into the MICRESS driving file. If you need to do this procedure many times, it would make sense to write a dedicated script which automatically creates the text of the MICRESS input section from the source data.

Bernd