error when coupling to ges5

Discussion of numerical issues which are not directly linked to specific applications
dongxiao
anti_bot: 333

error when coupling to ges5

Post by dongxiao » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:24 am

Dear Bernd:
Thank you for your advice on simulating the voids in iron. I create a GES5 file which contains two elements---Fe and VA.But when I coupled it in Micress, it says the GES5 file contains only Fe. And the error is number of components in database is not identical to given number. Have you ever meet such problem?
You said you have ever simulated well pores in ceramic with Micress using pseudo-phase diagram. So did you get the diagram with thermal calc? And when you simulated it, have you ever use a database?
Thanks a lot!
Best regards.
dongxiao

Bernd

Re: error when coupling to ges5

Post by Bernd » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi dongxiao,

when i said "pseudo-phase diagram" I ment a manually constructed linearized phase diagram. You cannot obtain such information from Thermo-Calc, you would have to do it "by hand"...

Bernd

dongxiao
anti_bot: 333

Post by dongxiao » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi,Bernd:
Thanks a lot, I'm so sorry that I still have some question :shock: ,when I simulate the simulation of voids in steel(just assume the system contains only Fe and VA), the number of dissolved constituents in concentration data section is 1 or 2?
And when I draft the phase-diagram manually, for example, I want to simualte the evolution under 500 K, is there any technique to choose the reference point tempereture? if there any difference if i choose 700 K or 500 K?
Best regards.

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:36 am

Hi dongxiao,

Don't worry, it is quite normal that answering one question often creates new ones, and this forum is exactly for that :)

When specifying the number of dissolved constituents, you should not count the matrix element which is Fe in this case. Therefore, there is only one component (VA) which diffuses or which is redistributed. The matrix element is always implicitly involved. Thus, the answer is 1.
For describing a linearized phase diagram, the reference temperature can be chosen deliberately. Important is only that the reference compositions are taken at this temperature.

Bernd