Error in routine routine initTQ

Discussion of numerical issues which are not directly linked to specific applications
Muru

Error in routine routine initTQ

Post by Muru » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi all,

Today I encountered an error when I tried using TQ coupling of both difusion and phase diagram data using a .GES5 file. I generated a .GES5 file appending the thermodynamic data from TCFE5 database and diffusion data from MOB2 database.
The system I simulate contains four elements viz. Fe, C, Mn and Al and three phases viz. Liquid, BCC, FCC.
Micress stopped after spitting following error: for both BCC_A2 and FCC_A1 phases.

*** ERROR 1270 IN GZEFUN
*** ILLEGAL CODE IN A FUNCTION
Error 1270 in TQ routine!
time: 0.0000000000000000
'Linearisierungsgleichgewicht 1' (SolveCGetLinTQ) 14
interface between phases 0 1
Forcing automatic start values
Automatic start values will be set
No turbo for phase FCC_A1
Segmentation fault

Is there any problem with .GES5 file ? Can anybody help me ?

Cheers
Muru
TU-Delft.

Bernd

Re: Error in routine routine initTQ

Post by Bernd » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Dear Muru,

I have to admit that I never have seen something like that before! But it strongly looks like a problem with the .GES5 file. I would advice you to create a new .GES5 file and to try again, perhaps something went wrong. Try different ways of appending the mobility data (auto-append, manual appending) and different machines or operating systems, if possible! I cannot see any reason why it should not work!

If this does not help, I can offer you to send me the example as a private message. Please include the .GES5 file, the driving file and the .log file. I can try to reproduce the problem here in house and eventually send a bug report to Thermo-Calc AB.

Cheers

Bernd

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:06 pm

Dear Muru,

thanks for sending me the requested files! Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your problem. For me, the code is running without any problems through the initialisation. It works with both .GES5 files, with TQR and TQS, with Windows and with Linux!

I will send a message to Thermo-Calc AB and ask whether they have any idea what it could be. I let you know as soon as I know anything more...

PS:
After initialisation there are two more problems occuring:

1.) The maximum number of calls to the concentration solver per iteration is too small (why don't you use automatic time stepping?)

2.) Phase 0 and 2 are identical. MICRESS allows to use the same phase in the database for two different phases in MICRESS, but there must not be defined any interaction between them!

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:45 pm

A further question,

which operating system are you using?

Bernd

Muru

Post by Muru » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:44 pm

Dear Bernd,

Thanks for the reply. It is really strange that the simulations run without any problem there.

Here we use Fedora for running micress. However, the thermocalc is running under windows.

Regarding the phase declaration, I have not really looked into it. I am going to modify them once the diffusion coupling is started.

Please update me once you hear from thermocalc people.

Cheers
Muru

PS: Is there any way I get an email alert if you reply to my post in the forum or somebody else replies to my posts ?

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Dear Muru,

it seem that Thermo-Calc people also cannot find anything strange with your .GES-file!
Did you get further somehow? I would advice you to try also different databases and without mobility data. Could it be, somehow, that you have no access to a valid licence for the database on your Feudora system?

Bernd