"Unable to open file ... " during Simulation

Discussion of numerical issues which are not directly linked to specific applications
R.Hess
anti_bot: 333

"Unable to open file ... " during Simulation

Post by R.Hess » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Hello,
as a attachment you can find the error message, which occurs during my simulation. i have never seen such a message before.
The file, which should be opened is the file which should be written by the running simulation.

What is wrong with my input file? How can i fix this issue?
Attachments
Unable to open... .PNG
Unable to open... .PNG (38.82 KiB) Viewed 4421 times

Bernd

Re: "Unable to open file ... " during Simulation

Post by Bernd » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:02 pm

Hi Raphael,

there are quite a lot of reasons why you can get this error. Obviously, the file cannot be opened, although MICRESS seems to have written to it few seconds before. Could it be that

- your disc space is exceeded? When opening a compressed file, it can be considerably inflated, which could exceed your disc quota/disc space.
- the file has just been removed, renamed, changed premissions, or opened by a third part? Opening with DP_MICRESS should not hurt.
- anything of the above happened to a parent directory?
- you are running MICRESS in two instances which try to write to the same output files?
- MICRESS is writing the results to a remote directory, and the connection is lost?
- you just restarted the simulation, and you try to append to a non-existing file?

If it is none of the above, can you reproduce the error?

Best wishes
Bernd