secondary development

Discussion about general concepts or further fields of application
shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

secondary development

Post by shaojielv » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:21 pm

hello,
I'm sorry to bother you, but I would like to know whether MICRESS can carry out secondary development, or whether this function can be carried out in the later stage.
Lv Shaojie

Bernd

Re: secondary development

Post by Bernd » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Dear Lv Shaojie,

can you please specify what you mean with "secondary development"?

Bernd

shaojielv
anti_bot: 333

Post by shaojielv » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:23 am

Dear Bernd,
we want to do some work by modifying the equation model later, I wonder if MICRESS can do these work? Or can you tell me which features of Micress can be developed by users?
lvshaojie

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:16 am

Dear shaojielv,

Your topic has been moved to this place because it fits best here. The forum "Topics of the Forum" is dedicated for discussion about the structure and topics of this forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

admin

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:52 am

Dear lvshaojie,

Which model in MICRESS would you like to change? You think about the phase-field model itself, or maybe about thermodynamic models, diffusion models, or nucleation models?

At present state, MICRESS does not provide a user interface which would allow you to directly change the model equations inside the code. I think, it would be quite difficult to allow that in a sufficiently general way without harming performance and the integrity of the software. Instead, we try to offer alternative pre-implemented models like e.g. in case of misorientation, nucleation etc.

Furthermore, we are prepared to implement alternative models proposed by our users, if they could be of general interest and implementation is possible without too much effort. Indeed, it is very interesting for us to know which features or models users would like to see in future.

Best wishes

Bernd