The temperature calculation coupled with flow wheather consider the convective heat transfer

Discussion about simulations using the MICRESS Fluid Flow Module
Shenyz
anti_bot: 333

The temperature calculation coupled with flow wheather consider the convective heat transfer

Post by Shenyz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:49 am

Hello there
I am totally new to the Micress and am trying to find out how to deal with this tool through manuals, examples and forum topics. I already have bunch of problems and hope someone can help me!
In the solidification ,I want to know if coupled concentration and flow and 1D-temp in the same time .It's temperature calculattion wheather be influenced by the Convective heat transfer.What's more,the speed of calculattion when coupled flow is slow.What can I to decrease the calculating time?
Looking forward to your reply.Thank you very much.

Bernd

Re: The temperature calculation coupled with flow wheather consider the convective heat transfer

Post by Bernd » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:04 am

Dear Shenyz,

In principal, combination of concentration coupling with fluid flow and a 1D-temperature field calculation is possible im MICRESS. However, there will be no effect of fuid flow on the temperature field, and it is questionable whether this is realistic. Please note that the 1D-temperature option in MICRESS should be considered as a special type of temperature boundary condition. Perhaps it could make sense to increase the thermal conductivity to some effective value to account for the effect of flow...
As I am not expert for fluid flow, I cannot give you specific recommendations how to increase numerical performance. In any case, you should be prepared that fluid flow dominates performance. Maybe, Ralf can give you additional advice.

Bernd

Shenyz

Re: The temperature calculation coupled with flow wheather consider the convective heat transfer

Post by Shenyz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:42 am

Dear Bernd
I'm glad to hear from you.Thank you very much.In other words,the temperature change is just relevant to the thermophysical parameter in the 1D-temperature option? Fluid flow have not influence on temperature calculation at all?
I don't kow how to contact with Ralf .Could you help me?
Thanks for your advice again.Wait for your reply.

Shenyz

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:21 am

Dear Shenyz,

Ralf is currently on travel, he probably will comment when he is back...

Bernd

ralf

Post by ralf » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello Shenyz,
as Bernd already wrote advective heat transfer is currently not implemented in MICRESS.

To tweak performance of the flow solver please see section
4.15: Using the Flow solver
in Vol 2: Running MICRESS from the MICRESS manuals.
Specifically subsections 4.15.4 to 4.15.6 discuss the meaning of numerical parameters for the flow solver, how to generate additional diagnostic output to track convergence of the flow solver using the "verbosity" parameter and possible ways to increase performance.