soldification from Liquid to Bcc in Fe-C-Cr alloy

dendritic solidification, eutectics, peritectics,....
Bernd

Re: soldification from Liquid to Bcc in Fe-C-Cr alloy

Post by Bernd » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Dear Manoj,

what means
and in .diff Diff conc are there
?

I am quite sure that something is going wrong when you create the .ges5 file. How do you exactly do that? Can you create a macro file which shows the steps and which allows me to reproduce that?

Are there any error messages on screen output when the .ges5 file is read by MICRESS?

Bernd

Manoj540
anti_bot: 333

Post by Manoj540 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Hello Bernd

Sorry for the mistake it is actually diffusion coefficents of the concentrations in liquid and bcc which are there in .diff file

There is no error showing while reading the .ges5 file in MICRESS

I have attached the file which that how I created a .ges5 file using Thermo-Calc 2015b
data.in
to create a .ges5 file
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 257 times

Thanking You
Manoj

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Dear Manoj,

so, to sum up your findings, you see the correct values for the diffusion coefficients in the .diff file (could you show me?), while in the .TabD there is only 0. given as diffusion coefficients for all elements in all phases, right?
This behavior is very strange and I did not observe something like that before. The way how you created the .ges file seems also reasonable.
Could you please send me the .ges5 file by PM? Then I will try myself on my computer...

I found another error in your input: The boundary conditions for the concentration field should be compatible with the phase-field boundary conditions and the thermal boundary conditions. If you choose ssii for phase-field you should also do the same for concentration.

Bernd

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Dear Manoj,

thanks for sending me the .ges5 file via PM. I cannot reproduce your problem of not getting any change in the .conc outputs - for me it works. The reason for only getting 0 in the .TabD is that no further time-steps than 0s have been written - the tablog output interval is at 25s ... Typically, one should write tablog outputs (.TabL, .TabP, .TabT, .TabD) more often than regular outputs in order to get early response about numerical details of the simulation.
For getting proper dendrites you need to increase spatial resolution and interface mobility, apart from removing the periodic boundary condition I mentioned earlier.
I have no explanation for you problem with the .conc1 and .conc2 output. Does it still persist?

Bernd

Manoj540
anti_bot: 333

Post by Manoj540 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Hello Bernd,
Thanks for guiding to me for solving this problem
After changing the periodic boundary conditions to ssii there are dendrite formed, but not better
So I will try as you mentioned above by increasing spatial resolution and interface mobility.

Thanking You
Manoj.