how to run standar micress examples

dendritic solidification, eutectics, peritectics,....
Mehnoush
anti_bot: 333

how to run standar micress examples

Post by Mehnoush » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:00 pm

hi Bernd,
I try to run the standard MICRESS examples with MICpad. but when i click on start for simulation it does not calculate anything. the only change that i have made is changing the output file and also to change the directory from c/ to D/. when i open the dri file in MICpad the only thing that i see is the *log and *txt file.
I appreciate your help by this matter.
R
Mehnoush

Bernd

Re: how to run standar micress examples

Post by Bernd » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi Mehnoush,

does it work if you work locally, i.e. if you write the outputs to the directory where the driving file is located?

Bernd

Mehnoush

Post by Mehnoush » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi Bernd,
i do the simulation on the D drive of my laptop (local) becease i don't have the permition to change any thing on C drive :| . i transfered the complete example folder to D.
i hope i could understand your question correctly.
Sincerely,
Mehnoush

Mehnoush

Post by Mehnoush » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi again Bernd,
I have treid other examples the problem it also for example when irun the AlCu Example the *scr window asks me to press any key but it does not react to the input (which here is simply pressing any key)

Thank in advance,
R,
Mehnoush

Mehnoush

Post by Mehnoush » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi bernd,
Sorry for bombing you with lots of messages :|. i just wanted to say when i use shell for running MICRESS. the software works so the problem appears when i use Micpad.
R
Mahnoush

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:47 pm

Dear Mahnoush,

that's interesting - I don't have any idea what it could be...

When MICpad asks you to press any key, is there an error message? At which point does it stop?

Hopefully, on Monday Ralph can help you better than me. He is the developer of MICpad, and I will be out of office until Wednesday...

Bernd

ralph

Post by ralph » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:00 am

Dear Menoush,

MICpad just presents the standard output as read only. MICRESS can be started from MICpad but it is not a shell/terminal to interact with MICRESS via keyboard input. In case of an error in MICRESS, the presented standard output should give a hint what's going wrong.

Make sure that you choose the MICRESS binary in the MICpad configuration, not the starter batch script (see Installation Manual vol 1, section 4.4).

Ralph